ANNEXE 2 - CONDITIONS CONSISTENT WITH THE OPERATING SCHEDULE
Conditions Consistent with the Community Licence (PEL/Theatre)
The licensee shall manage the premises so that there is compliance with the conditions of the licence. The licensee may nominate a responsible person or persons in writing, which should be agreed by the nominee in writing, to undertake some of those duties on his or her behalf.
1. It is the responsibility of the licensee to ensure that:
the condition of the building and activities at the premises do not endanger those present;
the use of the premises does not cause disturbance to nearby residents and passers-by; that everyone leaves as quietly as possible;
the volume of amplified sound is under control; and
all parts of the premises, which are open to the public, shall have sufficient lighting to enable adequate supervision.
2. The licensee shall make arrangements to ensure that the maximum number of persons permitted to be on the premises at one time is not exceeded.
These numbers are:-
Main Hall: Maximum capacity 200 for informal or closely seated use
3. The licensee or a nominated person shall be in attendance during the whole period the premises are open to the public. Where there are more than 100 persons present the licensee, or nominated person, shall be assisted by at least one steward. The steward shall wear either distinctive clothing or a suitable armband.
4. Where most of those present are under the age of 16 the number of stewards shall be not less than 1 for every 100 or part of 100. Where there is an upper floor there shall be 1 steward for every 50 or part of 50 on that floor.
5 No exhibition, demonstration or performance of hypnotism (as defined in Section 6 of the Hypnotism Act 1952) shall be given on any person at the premises except with the written consent of the licensing authority and in accordance with any conditions attached to such consent.
6 All persons primarily employed in premises licensed to sell alcohol who vet customers in order to maintain good order shall be approved and licensed by the Security Industry Authority.
7 A register of names of persons on duty to vet customers and maintain good order at any given time, shall be kept on the premises and made available to a Police Officer or a duly authorised officer of the Licensing Authority on request by either of those officers.
These should be read in conjunction with the Community Hall Fire Precautions Guide and Log.
8. All fire precautions with which the premises are provided shall be adequately maintained. The fire safety provisions are indicated on the approved licensing plan and the Community Hall Fire Precautions Guide and Log contains advice on the maintenance of fire precautions.
9. A logbook shall be kept in which there shall be recorded details of tests and maintenance of the fire alarm (if applicable), emergency lighting and fire fighting equipment.
10. The licensee, nominated person and any stewards shall be familiar with the fire routine for the premises and means of calling the fire service.
11. The licensee or nominated person, before admittance of the public, shall:
check that every exit door is unlocked and will easily open fully from the inside and ensure that all keys and other security fastenings are removed;
walk each internal route leading to the exit doors to ensure that the route is unobstructed and safe to use;
walk each external route leading from the exit doors to the assembly point to ensure that the route is unobstructed and safe to use, and
unless the premises are being used in daylight without restriction of natural light, switch on the appropriate general lighting to ensure that the exit doors, internal and external exit routes and exit signs are illuminated.
12. If the premises are to be used for any purpose involving a closely seated audience the seating arrangement shall first be approved by the licensing authority. A plan showing the approved layout shall be displayed next to the licence.
13. The written consent of the licensing authority shall be obtained before constructing a stage.
14. All heating appliances shall be fixed in position and be adequately guarded.
15. No explosive or highly flammable material shall be brought into the premises and no liquefied petroleum gas cylinders shall be used or stored in any part of the premises while the public is present.
16. No naked flames, smoke machines, lasers or pyrotechnics shall be used without the written consent of the licensing authority.
17. Smoking shall not be permitted on stage without the written consent of the licensing authority and shall not be permitted backstage including dressing rooms. Prominent "No Smoking" signs shall be displayed in the backstage areas.
18. Curtains, drapes or other decorative material shall either be inherently non-flammable or comply with the current British Standard or an equivalent European Standard. Scenery must be flame-retardant.
19. All toilet facilities shall be kept clean and in good working order and all doors leading to these facilities shall be suitably marked.
20. Before carrying out any alteration to the premises including the electrical installation, the wall and ceiling linings or any material alteration to the internal arrangement of the premises the written consent of the licensing authority shall be obtained.
21. Any alteration or addition to the electrical installation during the currency of the licence shall be in accordance with current IEE Regulations and re-inspected and tested and a copy of the certificate of inspection sent to the licensing authority on completion of the works.
22. All electrical sockets available for use by performers for their equipment shall be protected with a residual current device sensitive to tripping currents of not more than 30 milliamps. This shall be achieved by either the provision of a protected circuit or as part of the socket outlet.
Additional Conditions Consistent with the Community Licence
1. When the premises are being used in connection with a theatre performance the following additional fire fighting equipment shall be provided: -
(1) Stage - one light duty fire blanket
(2) Dressing room/s - one light duty fire blanket