ANNEXE 2 - CONDITIONS CONSISTENT WITH THE OPERATING SCHEDULE
1. A maitre d', and host to our customers will be present half an hour before the scheduled opening times and half an hour after closing times to ensure our customers arrive and leave
2. safely. The maitre d' will individually greet the customers, to clearly identify their role as host and reference point should the customer experience any crime or disorder. The host will show the patron to their seat.
3. Any incidents will be recorded in a readily available incident book, which can be inspected by the police and licensing authorities.
4. The licence holder must ensure that all staff receive appropriate training about emergency and general safety precautions and procedures.
5. Free drinking water must be made available at all times the premises is open to the public.
6. The telephone numbers of local taxi operators must be prominently displayed at the premises for the benefit of customers.
7. All bottles and glasses and rubbish must be removed from public areas on a regular and frequent basis.
8. The electrical system at the premises, including portable appliances must be inspected and tested annually by a competent person and a satisfactory safety report obtained. A competent person will be a suitably qualified electrician who is registered with the ECA or NICEIC.
9. The gas system, including appliances, must be inspected annually and tested by a Gas Safe Registered engineer and a satisfactory Gas Safety Certificate must be obtained. All safety certificates and inspection reports must be kept on site and made available for inspection by officers of relevant statutory bodies.
10. The fire safety measures provided on the premises must be maintained in good working order, and their adequacy will be determined on a regular basis, by the carrying out of a fire risk assessment as required by, and in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
11. An adequate and appropriate supply of first aid equipment and materials must be available on the premises.
12. The licence holder must ensure that staff regularly patrol the premises both indoors and out to supervise the orderly conduct of patrons.
13. Prominent, legible notices requesting people to leave the premises and the area quietly must be displayed at all exists.
14. The licence holder, or persons authorised by them, must control the volume of regulated entertainment taking place at the premises.
15. All external doors and windows will be kept shut, other than for access and egress, in all rooms when events involving amplified music or speech or other entertainment are likely to rise to noise.
16. Where outside areas are provided for the use of patrons facilities for the disposing and collecting of litter will be maintained.
17. To minimise the effect of littering, the applicant will provide litter bins both inside and directly outside the premises. During opening hours, and at the close of business, arrangement must be made for litter from the business to be collected from the immediate vicinity and stored inside the premises pending collection.
18. No alcohol will be sold or consumed on the premises, and no age related restrictions or regulated entertainment will be provided.