ANNEXE 2 - CONDITIONS CONSISTENT WITH THE OPERATING SCHEDULE
Embedded Conditions Consistent with the Licensing Act 1964
1. The permitted hours to sell alcohol on this licence do not prohibit or restrict on the licensed premises the sale or supply to, or consumption of alcohol by, any person residing on the premises.
2. The permitted hours to sell alcohol on this licence do not prohibit or restrict the sale of alcohol to a trader or club for the purposes of the trade or club.
3. The permitted hours to sell alcohol on this licence do not prohibit or restrict the ordering of alcohol to be consumed off the premises, or the despatch by the vendor of the alcohol so ordered.
4. The permitted hours to sell alcohol on this licence do not prohibit or restrict the taking of alcohol from the premises by a person residing there.
5. The permitted hours to sell alcohol on this licence do not prohibit or restrict the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises to any private friends of a person residing there who are bona fide entertained by them at their own expense, or the consumption of persons so supplied.
6. The permitted hours to sell alcohol on this licence do not prohibit or restrict the supply of alcohol for consumption on premises to persons employed there for the purposes of the businesses carried on by the holder of the licence, or the consumption of liquor so supplied, if the liquor is supplied at the expense of their employer or of the person carrying on or in charge of the business on the premises.
7. The permitted hours to sell alcohol on this licence do not prohibit or restrict the sale or supply of alcohol to any canteen or mess, being a canteen in which the sale or supply of alcohol is carried out under the authority of the Secretary of State or an authorised mess of members of Her Majesty’s naval, military or air forces.
Conditions Consistent with the Premises Operating Schedule
1. Irresponsible drinks promotions will not be permitted, and the Standards for the Management of Standard Drinks Promotions Including Happy Hours produced by the British Beer and Pub Association will be complied with.
2. A proof of age policy agreed by the police and local authority will be enforced.
3. Membership of the Local Licensees Association will be maintained.
4. A policy will be in force for the management of large groups, i.e. hen and stag parties. The group will be required to nominate a responsible person to liaise with staff.
5. The electrical system at the premises, including portable appliances will be inspected and tested annually by a competent person to ensure safety. (The installation will have a full inspection at least every 3 years and be tested annually. A competent person will be a qualified electrician who is qualified to complete works as per the I.E.E. wiring Regulations 16th Edition or is registered with the ECA or NICEIC).
6. Where temporary electrical equipment is to be used, a suitable circuit breaker device will be installed to cover this equipment.
7. The circuit breaker should operate at a current not exceeding 30 MA and should comply with BS 4293.
8. The device will be tested monthly and tests will be recorded.
9. Temporary electrical wiring and distribution systems will not be installed unless inspected by a suitable qualified electrician. Temporary electrical wiring and distribution systems will comply with BS 7671 or where applicable BS7909.
10. The oil fired boilers and appliances will be inspected and tested annually and an OFTEC certificate of inspection will obtained
11. All fire fighting equipment with which the premises are provided shall be maintained in efficient working order.
12. The Gas System, including appliances, will be inspected and tested by a CORGI registered gas engineer annually and a satisfactory Gas Safety Certificate will be obtained.
13. All safety certificates and inspection reports will be kept on site and made available for inspection by officers of relevant statutory bodies.
14. All fire exits and means of escape will be kept clear of obstruction at all times and emergency exit will be clearly signed in accordance with the relevant BS standard.
15. Free drinking water will be available at all times to customers at all times the premises are open to the public.
16. Suitable and hygienic sanitary disposal areas will be maintained.
17. Suitable signage to be displayed in a prominent position at the exit to request the co-operation, of patrons in particular, to be as quite as possible when leaving the premises.
18. The designated premises supervisor, or such person so authorised by him, will control the volume of music or other apparatus used.
19. All external doors and windows will be kept shut, other than for access and egress, in all rooms when events involving amplified music or speech or other entertainment are likely to give rise to noise.
20. Staff will check prior to entertainment, and periodically during the entertainment, that all windows and doors are shut.
21. All children on the premises shall be supervised at all times by a responsible adult over 18 years of age.
22. Children will only be allowed in the family ‘non smoking’ area.
23. No physical contact between staff, performers and children will be permitted.
24. The licensable activities authorised by this licence will be confined to the areas that are outlined in RED on the plan deposited with and approved by the Licensing Authority.